Thursday, May 05, 2005

Medication for the Cynical World.

We had this chapter in school named the Impossible Dream. It was on how a single man had taken up the task of trying to reform the world. The guy used to stop by and say a few kind words to anyone who touched his life directly or indirectly. The cycnical world, he believed had to be changed only with love and hence his tireless endeavor to be nice.

I was greatly influenced by that lesson. I realized that my syllabus was not that bad after. Then came the conscious effort to change; in the right direction. I tried not to be a snob and be a little more kind to people. Stop by and give a compliment, or just say soething that the other person would like. Beleive me, this has quite a magical effect on people. They in turn shall be nice to the people they meet, and before you know it, the world shall be a much better place. Even if just 5 people were to carry on your effort everyday, you would have achieved a great deal.

I am now making a conscious effort to walk down this road. People, I assure you, it's a great promenade. People on the cyberworld, I urge you, try and drop in a line to whosever blog you visit. You will make the person's day.

All the people who visited me and wished me; Thanks a lot. I really liked it. It also helped me improve my visits... 75 yesterday!! Thanks a lot.

P.S. people not listed on Google, try to put up as miny links as possible. The more the number of links, the better the chance of getting picked up.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...didnt know this whole making the world a happier place was sumthing u really believed in and sorry tht i snapped at u today when u were being nice to tht guy..shud hv known u better..and i didnt know tht i disturbed u 2 such an extent tht u actually posted sumthing abt it..anyways i do agree with u to a certain extent and even though it will be difficult i'll try to follow ur footsteps too only becoz i
admire tht streak of optimism tht still exists in u in this "cynical"world

Thu May 05, 09:56:00 PM  
Blogger Sunil Natraj said...

The post was not a result of the admonishment. Just general opinion. Hey Lea, yeah I agree about the Anne rice thing. But all in all a good book; don't you think?

Fri May 06, 08:03:00 AM  
Blogger Nightcrawler said...

I posted a reply to your comment on my blog. Thanks for the comment. I may not agree with your worldview, but at least we can talk about it in a civilized manner. Glad to see that you were picked up by Google.

Good luck, and Happy Blogging!!!

Fri May 06, 08:38:00 AM  
Blogger Ankit said...

I actually like Anne Rice... Heretical rubbish is fun :)

Fri May 06, 10:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home