Saturday, April 30, 2005

Dear Diana

There is this agony aunt column in the Mid-Day newspaper titled "Dear Diana." If anyone ever needed a laugh, this would be a quick and sure solution. The posts are simply ludicrous. Here are a few:

1:)
Dear Diana,
I see this girl in my college every day. I smile at her and she smiles back. I think I have fallen in love with her. I want to tell her about my feelings but what if she says no? I really like her a lot and don't want to lose her. What should I do?

2:)
Dear Diana,
I love my husband very much but I am very possessive about him. My friends were telling me the other day about how my husband was wuite a flirt before marriage. Now I am all the more possessive and get increasingly angry when I see him even talking to any other woman.
I know I am wrong but I can't help myself. What should I do?

And now for the all-time classis. I remember this even though this was published almost a year back.

3:)
Dear Diana,
There is the girl whom I like and I had asked my friend to help me out with her. She obliged and this girl was even beginning to show interest in me. But then their group split up and I had to choose between my friend and this girl. I chose my friend because I knew her longer and now this girl does not even talk to me because of this. I really like her but I can't do anything about it. What should I do? I am in a mess.

Man , these guys must be desperate!! I dont know whether such columns are helpful to these love-struck souls but they sure are funny to read. I really envy this Diana female. What pay for what a job! I am pretty sure she must be rolling in laughter with some of these mails. I remember this Charlie Sheen- Denise Richards movie based on this theme. Thats an aside.

Anyways, I though I shall write a mail to Diana. Here goes:

Dear Diana,
I always read your columns, and I really like the way you handle all these mails. I know you might think this is weird, but I think I have fallen inlove with you. I must say you are very photogenic. This, I know is not a way to ask you out, but I have no other choice. The Mid-Day guys refused me your Indentity. I really do love you a lot. Please reply asap

4 Comments:

Blogger ミス・イギリス said...

Tee Hee Hee.
Quite a giggle.
there's a book in our sixth form library called 'sex' which has agony aunt pages one says "my gnfd and i are both 12 and want to have . is this wrong?"

WTF??!!

Sat Apr 30, 09:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sunil: I really don't get paid much...Sometimes, when I am sick, my little poodle fills in for me. But that ofcourse is between you and me...

Of course you are in love with me. I get that all the time... Just come over to the Mid-day office and we could take it from there...

Love,

Diana

Sun May 01, 12:35:00 AM  
Blogger Ankit said...

LOL!

Sun May 01, 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Sunil Natraj said...

Man kids go real despo.. don't they??

What do you say Diana?

All in jest.. no offence.

Sun May 01, 10:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home