Thursday, April 28, 2005

The Blogosphere

I have always known that I am a big showpot. And I am candid about it. Nonetheless, I am quite surprised at the company I keep in the cyberworld. This place is teeming with Sunil's, albeit many of them are just alter-egos.

It is quite amazing the transformation many people have whilst being online: they go from the quiet, corner-of-the-room-seated nerd to the loud dressed, tall, hunky, brash, with even a microphone-in-hand, attention seeking despot on the web. I personally know this guy who is an avid chatter on many of the chat rooms of major chat engines. One day as I sat with him I was quite amazed at the way people were queing up to have a word with him. Very strange, I must say. Considering, that hardly anyone spoeaks to him otherwise.

It probably is the freedom to be that someone else that you have always desired to be, yet cannot because of sheer society and peer pressure. In the cyberworld, there are no restrictions. No one knows who you are.

Be who you want, how you want and when you want. And you shall always find someone like you.

3 Comments:

Blogger paintingwords said...

I know...isn't that so freaky? I'm relatively new to this, and I have found a guy that is so much like me it's almost scarry.
thnx for ur post.

Fri Apr 29, 06:32:00 AM  
Blogger ミス・イギリス said...

Yeah, it is uuber scary how people can be so different, for example, there is nothing 'cute' about me, but on this forum i'm on, i feel like a queen bee! needless to say, there are those nasty people out there who use it for the wrong thing....

Fri Apr 29, 02:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vikas is shifting from your neighbourhood?? Good for him (haha ;)


btw, I can notice friendly strange people from blog world. Wonder why you didn't thnk of it before. It is basically 'scratch my back and I will scratch urs in return' ka funda.

Sat Apr 30, 12:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home