Sunday, May 08, 2005

Maternal Speak

This is what my mom would say if she was to have been reading my blog over the past few days.

O.K. The war is done and dead. Why are you wasting precious time over something that you cannot change? For God's sake you have your exams coming. Go and study!! All your visitors are nice people. But one thing, I think there could be a middle path taken somewhere. Also, I think that the Americans should leave Iraq now. Enough is Enough, I say. Don't you think? And stop writing about this. There are many more world issues.
The most beautiful word in this world :Mother Posted by Hello


Yeah, I am a mom. First of all you did not wish me. But that is o.k. I don;t need some day to know that my only son loves me. But I would not mind the wish either. It makes me feel very nice. But more than me, this day should be celebrated for many other mothers.

Here are some :

1: The mothers that lost their children in the Iraq war (Now even I have started!).

2: The mothers who have lost their children. Period. Forget the first.

3: A woman who has just suffered a miscarriage. She is amother no less.

4: The raped woman who now has a child.

5: A prostitute who ended up with a child. Not the young college girl who does it for a quick buck though.

6: The grandmother who is rearing her child's child during her/his absence.

7: A single father.

8: An infertile woman who cannot have a child and wants one.

9: A fertile woman whose husband is infertile.

10: And all the other women in this world who have or shall become mothers.

Happy Mothers Day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi

well, finally i am doing what u told me to.
today being Mother's day happened 2 do some nice things for mom thanx 2 my sister's ideas.
cheers 2 all the mothers who have made us see this wonderful world

By the way you forgotten the women who have experienced every joy of motherhood by adoption

Sun May 08, 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger Mae said...

The essence of motherhood is, I think, of prime importance, and stronger than is often acknowledged, especially these days. Like, the TRUE power of what it means. And one can find mother in other things too. (ha! sorry. I have been thinking of this lately. I have had to find mother in myself and other things in life after having lost mine, and really recognize the strength of motherhood!) :-) Happy belated mother's day!

Thu May 12, 09:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home