Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I have lost my CAT

The day I waiting for with bated breath arrived, and elapsed, and I still have not come to terms with it. I guess when you build up expectations, and your mind is not yet ready to receive the results of them, this is what happens.

I slogged for the CAT; period. No other description can aptly put it. I was the proponent of a "theory" that its only hardwork that counts and nothing else; as long as you have put your best foot forward, everything else pales into insignificance. But when I come to think of it, after all that hard work, as I hang by a string on the cliff of life on a prayer that I would get a call from atleast one IIM, I realize that its not all about hard work. Its about smart work, its about selective work, its about being smart enough to choose what is really your aptitude, not to mention a whole load of other fields. It was my conscious decision not to give the GRE, a decision that I hopefully shall not live to regret. Of ending my tryst with technical field is something I am sure about, but staying in India is not something I truly wish for. And yet I realize that seems to be the only recourse. I have dabbled with the idea of giving all this up and becoming a teacher, a profession that is very close to my heart, but the lack of money is the biggest deterrent that I can face.

All in all, life is uncertain for me now. Am unsure as to what I shall do post my stint in an unknown college somewhere on the outskirts of a developing city. I guess CAPGEMINI is going to be lucky after all, they are going to be blessed with a miracle worker; someone who shall work miracles if at all the miracle that he works takes place. Speaking of CAPGEMINI, I can hear my engineering books screaming out to me to get them cleaned. Poor fellas, have been lying in a corner of my room for the past 3 months, and are alomst doubled in size thanks to dust layers on them.

So I bid adieu, to the lonely reader of this rant. Thanks for stopping by.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you know? Mayb you will get the call. Don't lose hope so soon.

Thu Nov 24, 06:19:00 PM  
Blogger Vivek said...

I agree. Hope springs eternal, and no man can ever be so despodent to even consider damming that spring.

Thu Nov 24, 08:05:00 PM  
Blogger Sunil Natraj said...

Thanks Guys.

Fri Nov 25, 06:54:00 PM  
Blogger Sunil Natraj said...

Thank you Sir. Its nice having you on my blog after a long time. I think I have to be pragmatic though. Will bell it next year..:)

Sun Nov 27, 01:25:00 PM  
Blogger Hawas Halimaw said...

You'll never know what the next page is all about, you either wait for the pages to turn or turn the pages on your own to find out. Fact of life, hope and love is all that we have. Keep your spirits high you'll get what you want someday. Your journey does'nt stop here I might've just begun another chapter.

Mon Nov 28, 02:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hv just started readin ur blog, but sorta know u frm pg.. don't lose hope dude, u never know... i guess u'll probably get calls after all... all the best!!!

Sun Dec 04, 08:18:00 PM  
Blogger Rohit said...

Dai, Natraj! Don't worry, man. IIM is but a two year tryst in a life which will span over 70 years. Think of all the Innovators who came up from scratch.

Mon Dec 19, 07:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home