Friday, October 14, 2005

All the best Mr. Dravid

Well, seems to me its the end of the road for my favourite player. And the very same guy he partnered when he scored his centruy on debut, is poised to take over. Well, before everything else, all the best to Dravid. I am Indian first, and only then a Sourav fan.

It's been a pretty rough time for Dada recently, what with India not winning and his form as dismal as ever, the century at Bulawayo not withstanding. I guess he is the pet peeve of the press. The press went after him for scoring the painfully slow hundred at Bulwayo, but openly lauded Dravid for his centruy which came in almost the same rate. Double standards? Has to be, it's the Indian media. But that is as much a tribute to Dravid, as unfair it is to Ganguly. The press loves him primarily for his consistency and his demeanor.

I do feel Ganguly should not have gone to the press about the Chappel issue. I am a firm believer in not even taking dirty linen out of the house, forget the washing, scrubbing ,wringing and hanging out to dry that they did at Bulawayo. The photoop was possibly the biggest farce that could ever be staged. Who were they kidding anyway? But irrespective of what happens I shall remain an ardent Ganguly follower. There is no more elegant a batsman as him. No guy can step down the wicket and hit Shaun Pollock for sixes over cover in succession. No guy can build the team that he has--which sadly is on the verge of disintegration. And no guy can have hit 21 centuries and still be always at the receving end, irrespective of what he does.

I wish he continues to be captain. Primarily because, Sourav is a better captain than Dravid- and few will contest that. But if he is not captain, dont play him. I do not think he is good enough to retain his place purely as a batsman now. But then, when we have had Mike Brearleys why not Gangulys? After all, we all know what a coward Mike Brearly was.

I am too perfervid to have a clear style right now. Any comments guys?

1 Comments:

Blogger Vignesh said...

Hmm.. Fair enough. View my blog for an 'anti-sourav'...

Sun Oct 16, 09:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home