Monday, October 17, 2005

Why be Indian

Project work is on full swing. I have quite a few people who will second me on this one, with Anks being a notable one.

So, these guys have come over home to get some work done. What was meant to be a pure work session turned out, as it always does, it one big party. I had asked my parents to get something for us so that we shall atleast not have any hunger pangs whilst we were "working". And the huge heart that my dad carries around got us 10 sandwiches. A sizeable amount considering we had Anks and myself who had just eaten, and two girls, with one of them who is full by just looking at food. So that left me asking every two minutes whether anyone would like a sandwich. Also in abundant supply, thankfully might I add, was coffee. That of course, was not something any of us would volutarily pass by, with Anks being a fine illustration. His take on coffee supposedly is that if it available, it must be had. Somewhat my policy too, only minor deviation from the same is that in my case, it is anything edible. I guess that explains why I am dimensionally challenged.

Well, Nimoli has gone home and supposedly said that all we did was to gorge and that Sunil only fed her. Not true, in my opinion, but her dad says that he shall return the favour when we pay her a visit. Anks' mom is no different, neither is Madhu's mom. Anks' ma feels sorry for me as my mom doesn't live with me. So, she says that Sunil can come over whenever he wants to for a nice meal. Little does she realize, that this "Poor little Boy" is quite well fed, by the greatest grandmom anyone can have. By the way Anks, come over for coffee.

Its things like these that makes me love India so much. Where else would we find such warmth? Where else would we have this family thing, with the sheer pressure of having to eat because food exists in the kitchen? Where else would we have moms, grnadmoms, aunts, sisters etc in abundance, who are waiting with a million spoons filled with food, to thrust down that gullet of yours? And it's not just the food. Its the family, the people around us, the works. And it is at such times when I want to stand up and sing "Jana Gana Mana" or "Hum sab Hindi Hain".

Acknowledgements (in no particular order):
1: Madhu's Mom
2: Madhu
3: Nimoli
4: Nimoli's folks
5: Anks' mom
6: Anks' sis, Sapna
7: Anks
8: My mom
9: My grandmom (the most beautiful and active 81 year old on this planet)

5 Comments:

Blogger humbl devil said...

a welcome change...
nice to hear about your day...

what can i say...

jai hind...
today and everyday...

Mon Oct 17, 10:12:00 PM  
Blogger Rachna said...

umm...italy?

Tue Oct 18, 12:25:00 AM  
Blogger Ankit said...

H'mmmm coffee…

Tue Oct 18, 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger Vignesh said...

Moyte, ur high on blogga. 3 posts after a bit...
good to read about ur 10 sandwich noon ...
..and yeah.. my granmoms just as kewl !!!
@@@@@@@
~ .
v
\___/

Tue Oct 18, 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Hawas Halimaw said...

You never run out of ideas huh?

by the way thanks for the tip I should've turned that on a long time ago.

T'chau

Tue Oct 18, 04:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home