Tuesday, July 12, 2005

7/7

While I was away, there have been quite a few incidents that have ruffled quite a few feathers of the U.S and the allies. The Britain Bombing was definitely one. Cute, hope all is fine out there.

America's categorical unacceptance of the Kyoto protocol has not gone down well with many of the G-8 members. I though, am fully behind America on this one. I think they are justified in refusing it as the laws must be uniform. Because, f China cannot accept it then no one should be made to do so. Yes, I know that India is in the red too, but in our defence, we simply don't have the finances to implement it. China does.

My condolences to the families of all the dead and injured in Britain. Terror attacks are nothing but cowardice and all terror mongers must be hacked. But I think what is of key significance here is Vladimir Putin's comments regarding the attack. His statement albeit discordant from the tone employed by the other leaders clearly underlines not just their's but India's too. I think Manmohan Singh must carefully use this to show what's happening in Kashmir. Pakistan is blatantly housing terrorists in POK and the U.S is turning a blind eye. Sure, there has been a clamp down, but the death toll that occurred in the blast in the U.K is almost equal to that everyday in Kashmir.

I would just like to say that I am not being some callous self involved freak who is overlooking the damage caused both phyically and mentally to the people in London. My condolences again. I both completely empthazie with one and all.

8 Comments:

Blogger Nightcrawler said...

Some very intelligent thoughts, but then again, I've come to expect that from you. Pakistan's harboring of terrorists has always been of great concern to me. The dispute over Kashmir has always perplexed me as well, since there is very little value in the land. I don't understand why they can't just divide it in half and call it a day.

As for the Kyoto Protocols, only a portion of the expense is in implementing them. The rest consists of the stranglehold that it will put on the US economy and that of any advanced, developed nation that adopts them. They're a bad idea, and I hope they go away. Good to hear from you Sunil. Welcome back.

P.S. Your take on the bombings in London is, from a world-wide perspective, accurate. It's terrible that it happens, but far worse happens in other places every day.

Tue Jul 12, 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

I second nightcrawler, well done. Re: the Kyoto Protocols, I don't mind that the U.S. isn't in Kyoto because international pacts are generally either bad ideas or good ideas badly implemented. Nonetheless, there's pretty mixed evidence on whether lowering greenhouse gases is good or bad for the economy in the long run. Even ignoring the environmental effects for the moment, they represent a form of waste to be eliminated. Doing so eliminates inefficiencies.

On London, we all agree except for some misbegotten sons-of-bitches.

Tue Jul 12, 05:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Londoners are probably still shocked, distressed, startled(?) by the multiple bomb- blasts but here in India, I am no more numb, fatigued, upset or alarmed today than I was yesterday or the day before over the state of world affairs.

I can only wonder about this wide spread hatred for human-kind. when you think about it, cliched it may sound, they are killing 'God's own children' whether they be in India, in Kashmir or in London.

And if you ponder, End of the day, was Kashmir really worth it?? They can have the whole of it, but will the hatred stop. Will there be an end to want or desire?

Tue Jul 12, 09:52:00 PM  
Blogger Praveen said...

Hmmm... nice post and I fully agree with what you have said here.

Wed Jul 13, 02:50:00 PM  
Blogger joe said...

Very good article sir! You do not disappoint.

Sat Jul 16, 11:58:00 PM  
Blogger JPS said...

I've always been a bit puzzled about the Kashmir dispute myself. What's there that's so worth fighting over? Is there a good history of it (in English, preferably) that you can recommend, Sunil?

Fine post. I hope this university-blogging bit can be a permanent arrangement for you, or at least until the opportunity for another home computer arises.

--The Artist Formerly Known as Centerleft.

Mon Jul 18, 04:47:00 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Rejection of Kyoto is an understandable position for the US. Denying that fossil fuel burning contributes to global warming/global warming isn't happening/global warming isn't bad - now those are problematic positions.

I'm very interested in your perspective on Kashmir as well - such an unfortunate source of strife for the subcontinent. The US has been turning a blind eye to a variety of things going on in Pakistan these days due to the so-called war on terror.

And I'll happily join the chorus: glad to see you're posting again.

Mon Jul 18, 10:15:00 PM  
Blogger nixonreed said...

Hello good sir it has been a long time since I saw your site. I thought Xanadu was dead it is good to see life still in it. Unfortunately Sideshow is dead. I have decided to concentrate my writings on my comedy troupe and its blog feel free to visit at http://weirdsvilletroupe.blogspot.com. Good to have ya back.

Mon Aug 08, 04:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home