Sunday, April 24, 2005

Projects, Subjects and Murderers

Its really depressing to study, or rather try to study some of the subjects that we as engineers have to. For example, we have a subject known as software engineering. It deals with the approach to developing and maintaining an efficient software product.

To me, though it feels like just a subject filler. The university I feel just had nothing else to put into the curriculum. Worse still, I empathize with Mr. Pressman and co. because they happen to be possibly the most jobless individuals on this planet. All they seem to do is to concur up new, mindless theories that nobody shall use: ever. But, nonetheless they must be laughing all the way to the bank, considering the phenomenal sales of their books. They have suckers like us who are forced to buy their works. I write blogs for recreation, these guys write books.

Today’s paper has the story of a four year old that identified the murderer of her mother. As much as I admire the little child, I really feel sorry for it. Firstly, it will have to bear the pains of growing up without the support of a mother. A girl child, I opine, needs more from her mother than a boy. The mother can be her best friend- something the little terrier wont have. Secondly, I do not think she realizes the gravity of the situation. She possibly does not know what death is yet. When she does, she won’t sleep. The ghastly scene of the man murdering her mother will haunt her all her life. This angers me more. I mean, just for a few rupees, how can anybody kill a human being? Money is necessary for existence but I am sure there are other ways. I really wish that this man hung. Just for ruining the life of that poor four year old girl

But, on a more lighter note, I have to write an exam today. The subject –“Software Engineering.”! The exam will be best described by a quote made by sister’s professor, “Through the year we bore you with facts. When the exams come around, you entertain us with fiction.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home