Friday, January 20, 2006

Nocturnal Notes

I sit at my comp, on this dark, gloomy night,
Her face flashes in my mind- oh what a sight.

The exquisite features, the flowing mane,
A vision she is, the ideal cure for pain.

I have not known there could be, at once, so much joy,
All of a sudden, I feel like a boy.

She suddenly has, my heart galloping,
Thoughts abound, refreshing my eyelids which were dropping.

Sleep all gone, I feel like a rain drenched leaf,
Catching her glimpse, my motto chief,

On time, suddenly, I have no tab,
But yet, in this midst of joy, I feel my heart has the wound of a stab.

I glance up, at the clock above me,
“An hour gone! How could that be!!”

I realize then, its time to hit the sack,
Those thoughts and hopes shall soon come back.

7 Comments:

Blogger Pranav said...

So now we have poet Sunilswordth.That's a really good one for a beginner I must say.But, just when the romance had started it all abruptly ends with u hitting the sack.C'mon dude u can surely afford to think over these moments at this age.I mean if u don't do all this now it will be like never again.Nice one,anyways.Hope to write something like this in the future and show it to a girl I like,else u'll always be there to help out.Ha ha

Sun Jan 22, 11:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really heartfelt man!! nice poem, looking forward to more of your improptu poems!!

Sun Jan 29, 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger Fro said...

Nice poem.. but nuthin can beat the sponsorship poem in the comp lab!:-)

oh yea.. im on blogspot too..

http://frospace.blogspot.com

add a link to it pls.. ive added a link to urs..

fro

Thu Feb 02, 12:34:00 AM  
Blogger Vignesh said...

Talent ...
I missed the sponsorship poem but I was around 4 the Great Shetty Butt Kick ..

''Many brave men lived before Agamemnon; but all are overwhelmed in eternal night, unwept, unknown, because they lack a sacred poet. ''
Horace (65 BC - 8 BC),

Sat Feb 04, 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger humbl devil said...

nice one, dude!!!

my take on hope...

hmmm...

hope is a cruel mistress!!!
yes, she is...
she really does it to you when you don't need it & leaves you out in the cold when you need a nice fuck...
so, beware of hope...

cheers

need more pomes from ya

Sun Feb 05, 06:47:00 PM  
Blogger Sunil Natraj said...

Hey Thanks everyone! Nice to see a work appreciated. Considering the week that I have had, this is great.

@Vignesh: The sponsorship one lies in the lab. Everyone can read it there.

@Kunal: Thanks man!

@fro: Shall link you up soon

@Humbl: Thanks, first of all. Yeah, hope is something that one shouldnt have when it comes to matters of the heart. You HOPE something would happen, but it wont. Then when you dont want it, and hoping that it wont, it happens. I can vouch for it.

Mon Feb 06, 08:10:00 PM  
Blogger humbl devil said...

bro, just one question...

how can one not want something one hoped for in the first place???

that's some benign contradictuion

Wed Feb 08, 01:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home