Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Soliloquy

The door swings open and lets me in,
Am struck stark by the silence’s din.

I stare into unbecoming space,
My tired mind once again begins to race,

There is emptiness in heart and mind,
Yet mystically, thoughts have me in a bind.

Company is undoubtedly what I seek,
Yet the curse is that only silence shall speak.

The silence cries to me aloud,
And then I am warped in an emotive shroud.

Music shall be no balm,
Only a mortal beside shall restore calm.

These shackles of mind I swear to break,
And friendship’s leaves I promise to rake.

I think of this and a beacon shines through,
The silence seems to magically disappear too.

I am back to my jovial self again,
And promise to remain forever sane.

This poem is dedicated to Neeraj. Empathy, my dear friend, comes easily to me. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home