Saturday, May 21, 2005

Blog Plans

I dont have any major post today. Just contemplating on how I could improve my blog. So here are a few ideas.

1: Have seen many blogs with a lot of technical content in them. I think being an engineer I should contribute to the technical fraternity a little. Hence my sidebar shall soon include a review of some useful software which shall be updated regularly.

2: Also planned is a profile. This too shall be incorporated into the sidebar

3: Am contemplating a tag board. But personally I am not sure if I need it.

4: Also the template would require an overhaul. I guess this is too common a template on the blogosphere.

5: My ad revenues are sinking. Have to relocate them I feel. Make them conspicuous.

Readers are requested to leave their suggestions. Anks, tell me what you feel. I want your thoughts.

Regards,
Sunil.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ankit said...

Technical reviews in the sidebar - huh. How are you gonna manage that? You'd be better off just posting them as 'articles'.

In my opinion, tag boards are annoying as hell. But go for it if you want.

Can't say anything about ad revenues, mine are dismally low ;)

And you already have a profile...

Sat May 21, 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger Praveen said...

You have a fairly decent profile.
I am a techie too and feel that I need to post technical stuff ;). I think the sidebar is an interesting thought

Sat May 21, 04:34:00 PM  
Blogger Sunil Natraj said...

Hello sir,
Yeah you have a point. If you observe there are a few ads in my sidebar. When people click on them I get some cash... say a around 50 cents. In India, that would tranlate to around 20 Rupees. So,its not a bad deal. Though have not got a cent in almost a week. Google would pay me when i accrue 100 dollars. So looking forward to getting there. Useful pocket money.

Thanks for the suggestion Sir.

Sun May 22, 06:36:00 AM  
Blogger Nightcrawler said...

I clicked a few ads for ya! I've found that content is more important than appearance in maintaining your readership. Having an attractive appearance may help get them in the door, but they won't stick around unless you give them a reason to return.

So far, you've had a lot of return visits. You must be doing something right.

Mon May 23, 11:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home