Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Life to me seems so much about IIM Calcutta. Sure, its easily my biggest academic achievement, and that too by a huge margin. But I wonder, do you define a college, or does a college define you? Now now, before the self respecting shout in support of the latter, let me say one thing. We are often so influenced by our surroundings. In many cases despite not wanting it, we are spitting images of family members. Ask me for me! A college, aside of academics, is about its culture. And, I must admit, am being influenced by IIM Calcutta. Maybe its a good thing, maybe its not.

The year gone by has been exciting to say the least. I remember that first day in class. I remember that first quiz, the rush of being home the first time, that placement season, the XLRI - IIMC sports meet, the pain of that miserable first quiz in Financial Accounting and Statistics, the disappointment of that miserable term III mid term and the breakdown that ensued, and the pain of separation from that campus as I left for home for summers.

Speaking of summers, it was good. I managed to do ok I guess. My batch at IIM Calcutta has done well too. Pre-placement offers have started trickling in. Its something to look forward to everyday. Those congratulatory hugs are both fashionable and required. But there is joy for him/her. Its never about, "I didn't get one, and yet that clown has one!" I guess thats IIM Calcutta for you.

I love my wing. In fact I admire each and every one of them. I love it that I leave my door open through the day. I love it that the water can is in my room, and people come to my place to drink from it. I love those bakar sessions where we sit around and discuss absolutely anything. Second year is going to be fun with these guys. I really wish that Sugeet and Vijay didn't have to go abroad for Term 5. Conversations range from movies, to professors, to classmates (read bitching), to women, to the economy, to us, and God knows what else. I shall miss all that soon. But this term promises to be heavily loaded, though not suggested by my posts on successive days.

This has been a drawl at best. I have really become rustic when it comes to humour. I am unable to unravel the sardonic wit that I possess. I have sworn to write regularly this year. A resolution of sorts. Till the next one, Au revuoir!

3 Comments:

Blogger P Nat Raj said...

Natraj
Market research and IT professional experience performing research and analysis in both corporate and consulting environments. Experience includes analyze market research and other data to provide value-added insights to a client, supporting the client in executing against their strategic marketing plans. Working with client service team, i will ensure client servicing requirements are meeting or exceeding the client's expectations while building a strong client relationship.managing. the ad-hoc research function and in-depth analytical projects encompassing both primary and secondary research. Skilled in industry and market analysis, competitive intelligence, Industry Analysis, Financial Research, Creating Business requirement development processes, and lots more.. for more

http://imrcs-natraj.blogspot.com

Tue Oct 21, 03:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello.. Do you know how to Add Adsense Code Inside Single Post Only in XML Template? Visit your blog to learn how.. Have a nice thursday!

Fri Jan 23, 12:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Thu Feb 26, 02:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home